Carrie Kellenberger's Reviews > The Vincent Boys

2048986
Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read from July 02 to 05, 2012

This is pretty much one of the worst books I've ever read. I thought of putting it down on several occasions but I like to finish what I start, so I stuck with it. So here are my top five complaints about this book:

1. It may be a free Kindle read, but it was really badly edited. Embarrassingly so.
2. The plot was boring and completely unoriginal. To sum it up, two brothers are in love with their childhood friend, Ashton. Ashton has been dating the 'good' brother, but she is secretly attracted to the other brother. Of course, they have a love affair, the good brother finds out and everything blows up in their faces.
3. The sex scenes were awful. I mean, really, really awful. I can write better than that. Plus, I kept thinking that it was really inappropriate for high school students to behave this way. A university romance, sure, but these are just high school kids, so I didn't want to be reading about hard, naked chests and gorgeous breasts.
4. I couldn't identify with any of the characters.
5. I didn't like the way Beau was always coming to Ashton's rescue. He was always pulling her to his chest when she was upset and punching guys out if they said anything bad to hear.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.