Sheila DeChantal's Reviews > Total Memory Makeover: Uncover Your Past, Take Charge of Your Future

Total Memory Makeover by Marilu Henner

Jul 02, 12

Read in May, 2012

Marilu Henner has a gift that is known to only six other people in the world. She can recall every detail of her life, now just the big events like the day Kennedy was shot, 9-11, or a surprise birthday party... but also a random Thursday in August of 1980, or a Sunday morning any year since she has been five.

In Total Memory Makeover, Marilu shares the benefits to having such a memory, and shares exercises we can all do to strengthen our own memories.

Total Memory Makeover is exactly what is says it is. An audio book (or book) about Marilu's gift of total recall, and what we can do to strengthen our own skills. 7 hours and 58 minutes long, Marilu takes us through her growing up with this skill, and how it can be used to help us makes better choices in our present day. I found it interesting that Marilu explains that by remembering moments of great pain in our life (say, like a break up) it can help us see the red flags as we go into new relationships. And that works for good things too... by remembering how great it felt to fit into a smaller size of jeans 4 years ago can help us say no to bad food choices today.

For the rest of my review please go to: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2012...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Total Memory Makeover.