Cheryl's Reviews > Discretion

Discretion by Allison Leotta

Jul 02, 12

A high end escort tumbles to her death. So this is news how? You better believe it is news when it is discovered that the woman fell from Congressman Emmett Lionel's balcony. Sounds like a case for U.S. Attorney. Anna Curtis. She works for the sex crime division. Anna will have her hands full as she makes her way around the world of sex, secrets, and scandals. Luckily for Anna, she will be joined by her love interest, chief homicide prosecutor, Jack Bailey.

I did enjoy this book. new author, Allison Leotta has a bright future in the thriller/suspense genre world. I could tell that Mrs. Leotta's experience as a federal prosecutor showed. She was able to help bring her knowledge to her main character, Anna. Anna called the shots in this book and she was a powerhouse. I liked her instantly. She had a sharp mind and knew how to maneuver her way around the internet and crime scenes. There was no slacking in either the drama, suspense or the ending. This is one of the most important aspects of a thriller/suspense novel. The ending. You can start on a high note in the beginning but if the ending is flat then I am turned off. I thought the ending was a good one. The romance between Anna and Jack was on the quiet side for me. Which to start out is fine with me. I would rather get to know the characters first and then build up to the romance.

This book had a feel of some of my favorite authors in this genre that include Michael Connelly, Allison Brennan and Lis Wiehl. If reading these names is not enough to make you want to check out this novel from author, Allison Leotta, then you must be dead. Discretion is a contender!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Discretion.