Lynai's Reviews > Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor by Randall Wallace

Oct 22, 08

bookshelves: own-a-copy, favorites

i am never a fan of war stories but this one really caught me. i even cried on some parts, but of course i cried more while watching the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pearl Harbor.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Maybe I can recommend some war love stories to you.
Read Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms.. it's such a taut war love story written in the background of World War I.
Quite a tear jerker (almost) in the ending but the true come-on is the sheer Hemingway prose style.
One of the great love stories I've read!
Hemingway even called it his version of Romeo and Juliet.
Notify me if you're reading it and let's discuss the book.

Lynai will try to check it out. i'm forever desperately trying to squeeze in my reading in between work and catch up with some wonderful reads Goodreads members are raving about. thanks for the recommendation, though. :)

message 3: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev What genres are you most interested in?

Lynai i favor mostly the mystery-thriller-suspense types like ones by John Sandford, John Grisham and Dean Koontz because they are "fast" reads, the kind which you wouldn't want to put down until you get to the last page. But being in Goodreads has made me want to expand my reading choices to other fields as well.

message 5: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Have you heard of The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett?

Lynai i have but i haven't read anything by Follett yet. do i have to check his works out?

message 7: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev No, I'm not forcing you to. If you just happen to get quite interested in his works send me a message and let's discuss it in the future.
My warm regards and happy reading..^_^