Brad's Reviews > Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra

Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

Oct 22, 2008

bookshelves: z-2010, fantasy, funny
Read from December 20 to 22, 2010 , read count: 1

Book 4 of 5. Another solid entry, but this one ended far more abruptly than the first three. Makes me glad I've got the fifth book in hand to get started on immediately.

Rating: PG, for some action sequences and a semi-scary bad guy (for little kids, but this holds for the earlier books, too).

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Bionic Ezra, and Ezra feeling all girlie inside? Hilarious.

Traveling by rope is a pretty novel idea (granted, Skye has a lot of those).

We finally discover how sycophants can be killed. It's hard to tell if I'm impressed by the method or whether it's a little bit of a let down to know the big secret.

Dennis is coming into his own, and he's not as terrible as we thought in the second book. I like this.

Terry and Addy got what was coming to them. Via a truck of adult diapers. Good riddance.

The Dearth knows that people in Reality are more willing to trust old men in vests with foreign accents, so that's how he will present himself--an older British gentleman with a vest. Awesome.

Leven and Winter kiss for the first time, somewhat under the influence of the longing. I have a hard time picturing them any older than the 14 and 13 years old they started out as, so it's a little strange. But Leven is now older / bigger due to growing by experience. And Winter was older before she was returned back to baby status to help Leven. So maybe it's ok.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra.