Michela Walters's Reviews > Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Sydney Logan

Feb 17, 15

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, romance, great-reads-highly-recommend, 2012-top-reads, favorite-authors
Read from July 10 to 11, 2012

I was extremely fortunate to receive an advanced copy of Lessons Learned from NetGalley.
4 1/2 stars for this one. GREAT READ!

Lessons Learned is a heart wrenching story about two teachers, each struggling to move on from their respective pasts, and how their pasts help shape them in a way that they could save the life of one of their students.

I will state right off the bat, that I LOVED this book. It is a book that makes you really think about some of the more weighty topics in this world without being preachy or heavy handed about it. The lessons learned by the main characters are also lessons, you as the reader, can take away too.

Sarah Bray has decided to move back to her tiny mountain town of Sycamore Falls after a tragic event in her last school has left her traumatized. Her therapist suggested a change of scenery, and even though she never imagined moving back, she’s craving the comfort and security that sometimes only your hometown can give you.

Lucas Miller. What can I say about Lucas Miller? He too is a teacher looking for a fresh start. He comes to Sycamore Falls, knowing it is about as different from New York City as you can get. When he runs into Sarah Bray at the hardware store, immediately you will feel the connection. He is such a swoony character. He is chivalrous and kind, loving and patient. He is the picture perfect man, and I almost kept waiting for some horrible character trait to come out. Ultimately, he is everything that Sarah Bray needs in her life at exactly the right time.

The story feels honest and all of the characters in the book are relatable in a way that you probably knew someone, at some time in your life, that was like them. The book will make your heart swell, tears fall and your mind work. I absolutely adored this book and urge you to go out and read it.

Kudos to Sydney and I can’t wait to read any of her future work.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons Learned.

07/11/2012 page 12
5.11% "Already swooning over Lucas...."
07/11/2012 page 48
20.43% "Wow, that is one meddling town. Loving it so far."
07/12/2012 page 76
32.34% "She is teaching him to bake... Lucas needs to exist IRL J/S"
07/12/2012 page 131
55.74% "Swoon... all of the swoons for Lucas"

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Logan Thank you!

Michela Walters Have you checked out my interview with Sydney Logan for her book launch? Check it out - http://michelawalters.wordpress.com/2...