Courtney's Reviews > Whatever It Takes

Whatever It Takes by Lindsay Paige

** spoiler alert ** *SPOILERS*

Okay, so I think this book has the potential to be a great story, but it definitely isn't there yet. First of all, it was way to short! Every event seemed to be rushed because this book is so short. I mean the whole Emily losing her memory scene lasted all of like three pages. And that is including her actually being in the car accident, being in the hospital, and getting home. I also she gained her memory back, way to quickly. I feel like that could have been stretched out a bit more.

I also think that the being kissed by Kyle think should have been a bigger deal. I didn't understand why, in the end, Emily basically acted like it didn't happen, and continued to be friends with him. Especially if the kiss really was unwanted, like Jake so often stated. Which brings me to another point. I thought Jake was going to be a little more protective of Emily with Kyle, than he actually was.

In addition kind of wished that the friendship with Eve would have been more significant to the story than it actually was. I kept thinking that she was going to become a problem for Emily and Jake, put she never became one.

Lastly, I wish that Emily and Jake would have been on a break for longer than they were. And that may have been able to happen if the book was longer!!

The only saving grace for me about this book was the ending. I loved the cliff-hanger. So over all, this was an okay book, and I will still read the next book. I just hope that it's longer than this one is!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whatever It Takes.