Jodi Janz's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

F_50x66
Jul 02, 12

Read in December, 2011

As I read this story I made two observations in this easy to read true story. First, Heaven is for Real is certainly not a book to rely on for a biblical picture of heaven. I am in no position to determine if Colton really did or did not go to heaven. However I will say that some of the stories told left me scratching my head and wondering if that was truely a match for what is presented in the Bible.

On a more positive note, my second observation is that of a lesson learned from reading this book. A child’s faith is something to behold. Little Colton has no reservations or doubts when it comes to the validity of heaven and life-after-death. I wonder, do I live with this type of confidence from the knowledge I have gained in scripture? Whether the reader believes this story or not, there is no disputing that the boy portrayed within the pages has a faith that is strong and certain.

Heaven is For Real is not a hard book to read. While some may find it somewhat of a stretch to believe, I choose to digest it for the lessons I can learn. I would recommend this book to people looking for a casual but interesting read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.