Samantha's Reviews > Hatteras Girl

Jul 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: recently-read
Read from July 02 to 04, 2012

I picked this up in Hatteras when I was on vacation there last summer and decided to read it while I was feeling nostalgic about the Outer Banks this summer. I was in the middle of a lot of studying so I didn't want to read anything too involved, and this book was exactly what I needed! This would be a really great beach read, and is generally suited for the summer. The setting of the Outer Banks is a quaint beach community in North Carolina, and if you've ever been there, this book will feel like a pretty accurate description of the tiny towns and restaurants there.

Overall the plot was fairly predictable but the characters were genuine, so while the drama wasn't exactly original, you still wanted to continue reading to experience everything along with the characters. It was a bit of an ensemble cast and there were enough interesting minor characters to spice things up when the lead character was boring.

If you want something simple to read, especially for the summer, I'd recommend this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hatteras Girl.