L.R. Pardee's Reviews > Third Grave Dead Ahead

Jul 02, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

Funny, sexy stuff.

Darynda Jones is my writing hero. Mostly.

This book is the third in the Charley Davidson series. Not that you couldn't pick right up on things if this was the first one you got your hands on, but there are two before this one well worth the read.

Charley Davidson is the grim reaper...or A grim reaper. So she meets lots of dead people, and they help her solve crimes. Which is good, since she is a private detective. She also has lots of satisfying sex with the son of Satan...most of it virtual, but apparently it still does the job. My main complaint about this book--and series--is that she tries a bit too hard to be funny. She'll say something, make a joke, and then make a second joke. Like, "He burst through the door. I'm so going to need a new door. And a new pair of prada shoes, come to think of it. This pair totally doesn't go with my outfit." That was my own dumb example...not a real one. Anyway, when you do that in every single paragraph, it tends to get in the way of the action. Anyway, still a very fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Third Grave Dead Ahead.