Janet's Reviews > The Color of Tea

The Color of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe

Jul 05, 12

Read from July 02 to 03, 2012

I'm going to have to go with 3.5 stars on this one. That's only because I can't decide if I just liked it or if I really liked it. I have those moments! :-D The premise of the book is tried and true (woman trying to find herself and turns to making food, i.e., "Chocolat," "Like Water for Chocolate," etc.). You can hardly go wrong with a storyline that involves food! Yum! It was a very enjoyable story and the characters were nice although I didn't find myself becoming attached to any of them like I normally would in a book that really sucks me in. It was interesting to learn about macaroons though. My ignorant American self is only familiar with the coconut version (which I despise - Yuck!). I've been to France twice but....well....if you don't have anything nice to say.....Needless to say, I didn't have any of these wonderful gem-colored sweets (Google Image them and you'll come up with some really pretty colors!). I have to admit though, some of the fillings sounded a little bit gross but I bet that they taste fab!

All in all, it was a very quick and enjoyable summertime read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Color of Tea.