Abby :}'s Reviews > Bitter Blood

Feb 08, 2013

bookshelves: shutup-and-take-my-money
Read from November 02 to 12, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Let me start by stating clearly;
I AM OBSESSED WITH THE MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES!
After months and months of waiting for this book, I finally got it... and well, i found it really hard to get into.
... And that not normal for me with T.M.V
I think its because of all the new POV's.. I dont like change.
Anyhow,

It starts off with Olivers POV, he hands over to Amelie a scroll, written in it is the new decree/law? for Morganville, stating that vampires basically have a free pass to 'hunt'.
Ofcourse our four little heroes and heroines wont stand for that.
And then all this stuff goes down because Eve married Michael, shes called a fang banger, death threats are made, physical violence occurs and home damage.
And then the little bitch of a parasite Naomi shows her face. She turns Hannah Moses, Michael, Oliver and god knows how many others against Amelie and onto her side.
Did i mention? Hannah stepped down as Mayor, and Naomi wants to take Amelies place as royalty.
AND THEN!... That wasnt enough for Naomi, she decides to turn Michael on Eve, when hes in a fragile position- that being his wife (Eve) was brutally smashed up by some teens/young adults against her marriage to a vampire. So Michael, against his own will, has to dump Eve, and by god was it harsh. He also manages to turn all four of them against each other. He kisses Claire, in front of both Eve and Shane, and states he and Claire have had a thing behind their backs. So Shane, well i wouldnt exactly say breaks up with Claire, more ignores and all that. Claire is hurt, Eve is left broken in more than one way, Michael has gone to the dark side and Claire is left in the middles, hated by her boyfriend and best friend over something she didnt do.
In the end, once Michael is returned to his former respectable self, and they all find out the truth Shane tries to get things back on track with Claire, but Claire doesnt trust him fully.
As punishment by Amelie, Oliver is banished from Morganville until Amelie allows him back, Myrnin decides to go back to his lab, Naomi is sentenced to 100 years imprisonment. Michael is given two choices: 1) break up with Eve, in his own way, without being under anyones influence, or b) suffer a severe punishment, not yet known to us readers, or Michael for that matter. Claire is given something for once again saving the vampires- she asks (more tells) Amelie that she had once said Claire is allowed to leave and pursue her dream at the university. Claire decides to finally accept it, after Amelie says she will get Claire into the school. But thats not all, Shane must be allowed to leave too. Not necessarily with her, just able to leave.
It ends with Michael and Eve back together and on good terms. Shane and Claire are still pretty distant but Shane tells Claire he will be in Boston, and he will be there when she needs him.

I left out all the ghost hunter crap, and a lot of other stuff, like Alyssa coming back in ghost form, im sorry.

I am BIG on Shane on Claire as a couple, so you can imagine how i feel about all their troubles.
Overall, i thought it lacked the usual Eve and Shane humour, and they didnt seem to spend as much time together like in previous books. I found this book very different to the rest of the series, but thats fine. I am still a huge fan of T.M.V and an avid reader of the series. I cannot wait for the next book/s to come out, though i will probably shed some tears when the series is over... and i never cry, so thats big.

Much love,
Abby xx
40 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Blood.

Quotes Abby :} Liked

Rachel Caine
“--I lifted one foot from the brackish water, and the bunny slippers were soaked and drooped pathetically. Even the fangs seemed robbed of any charm.

"Don't worry," I told it. "Someone will pay for your suffering. Heavily. With screaming."

I felt I should repeat it for the other slipper, in case there should be any bad feelings between the two. One should never create tension between ones's footwear.

--POV is Myrnin, page 221”

Rachel Caine
“Ah, Morganville. Where dressing to hide bloodstains was just good daily planning.”

Rachel Caine
“Well," Claire said, "at least we have tacos. Everything goes better with tacos.”
tags: tacos

11/03/2012 "I cant get into it D:"
11/10/2012 page 363
89.0% "Its kiiinda pulling me in now, but it just doesnt feel the same."

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie Should I read The Morganville Vampires series?

Abby :} YES :D

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie I will have to check it out from the library soon!

message 4: by Abby :} (last edited Jul 05, 2012 12:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby :} Wicked :)

Britani You should deffiantly read the series I hav recommended it to everyone and those who read them loved them. It is amazing read it. But I can't get into book 13 but I still love the series and the book I am just not as I grossed as I usually am.

Abby :} Thats how i feel Britani, i love the morgnaville vampires but b.13 hasnt roped me in yet *.*

Abby :} OMG! HOW ABOUT... NO!
Yeaah, dont like my review, dont read it. Simple! You could be obsessed with some crazy shit, i happen to be obsessed with morganville vampires. Im not gonna tune it down cause some random asks. Also, not appreciating being sworn at. Have a good day now.

Dustin Burris I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with your entire review. I look forward to ever morganville book and am at the book store the morning of its release just to get my hands on it but this one. Man what to say, it has this drag effect attached to it. It was draining just getting through the first half and then leaves you all emotionally brutalized in the latter half. And I am a huge Claire/Shane fan (generally just a huge Shane fan) and with all the stuff they and he goes through it just left be saddened. Though I bet Claire wishes they would have left that queen vamp bitch wannabe at the bottom of that swimming pool with the draug.

Rima Rashid Maybe she should have left it at book 12.