jacky's Reviews > What You Know by Heart: How to Develop Curriculum for Your Writing Workshop

What You Know by Heart by Katie Wood Ray

Oct 22, 2008

bookshelves: education, 2008, lib-lew, interlibraryloan, writing
Read in November, 2008

I breezed throught the first half of this book which focused on using your own writing experiences to develop curriculum for writing workshop. The second half of the book discussed using the same process with texts be professional authors to develop curriculum. Overall, it was very useful for me at the point I am at with my own teaching of a writing workshop. It was reaffirming of some of the things I was already doing, but also provided some direction for what I should work on next and support to help me improve on what I'm already doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What You Know by Heart.

11/02/2008 page 5
2.4% "So far so good"
11/11/2008 page 32
15.38% "I'm liking this text, but it hasn't shown me too much new yet. I think this next section will."
11/19/2008 page 65
31.25% "I'm really liking this section that shows the mini-lessons and what they teach."
11/19/2008 page 80
38.46% "Read during my prep. In the "co-authors" part and it got me thinking about resources to share with my students from authors they love."
11/20/2008 page 94
45.19% "I tried to read more last night, but Ellie fell asleep on my book!"
show 4 hidden updates…