Mirvan Ereon's Reviews > Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan

Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan by Bob Ong

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: bizarre-weird, disappointing, filipino
Read in July, 2012

I rarely give two stars. I am one of the most open-minded readers on the planet and I know it. But I just have to give only two stars to this book. I expected a lot from it but my expectations were really not met. To be honest, the story was very mediocre. It could have been much shorter. It could have worked more effectively if it was just a short story, not a novella. I thought it would be scary but it only made me feel a little creepy. It did not stir any emotions. It was a bland book for my taste. Although I would have to confess that I read and finished this book in just a little more than an hour. I just had to finish it in one sitting because I really want to know if there's something in this book that I could like. The Latin parts were interesting but to be honest, it really did not matter to me. Some of the characters are eccentric and a little disturbing but that's it. I was not impressed at all. Too bad. It could have been a better book. The story has lots of potential and the author could have made a more twisted and eerier horror novel than this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ang mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan.