Rhonda's Reviews > Anne of Green Gables

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult
Recommended to Rhonda by: Alice Stevenson
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

How could I have missed this classic? This was by far one of the most sweet, enduring and wholesome stories I have ever read.
This is a story about Anne who is an orphan who comes to live with an elderly brother and sister at Green Gables. This chronicles her life between the ages of 13 and 16.
I have to say that I laughed because Anne just had a way about her and many others found her to be an odd child, though she was a very intelligent young lady and seen things in a way that others couldn't imagine.
The relationship that Anne created with Marilla and Matthew was so touching, and I cried near the end when Marilla had told Anne that she had always loved her like she was her own.
I also loved the relationship between Anne and Gilbert.

I have to say that at this time this is the best book I have ever read. I will be checking out other titles in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becky Hooray! Yes, you can follow Anne into adulthood and even her children's lives. It is a wonderful series. My favorite is "Anne of the Island," in which she goes off to college.

Rhonda I am getting ready to read Before Green Gables and I have my hold on Anne of Avonlea. I didn't know that there were others. Can you tell me where I can find the series list?

Becky Wikipedia has a nice breakdown:

Rhonda Thanks