Rola's Reviews > My Soul to Take

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Jul 02, 12

First reviewed on: www.xoreads.blogspot.ca
Please Note that I have the Volume version of Soul Screamers , which includes: my soul to lose, my soul to take & my soul to save . I'm just reviewing them seperetly!

omg, this book is SO good. holy crap. I seriously couldn't put it down. it has defenitly become one of my favorites. The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5, is due to the fact that more could have been done with the story. Vincent could have added a biiiitttt more meat to the story to make it better. possibly some more description, a wider range of events- everything just seems like it happens to fast.

Other than that, seriously this story is perfect. Its different- not like the usual YA novels on the market. The main character, Kaylee, is interesting & reading from her perspective is great. She is in-depth and her feelings really pull you into the story.

We're first introduced to her ability to sense deaths when she sneaks into a club with her best friend, Emma. When she set her eyes on one of the girls there, she felt a scream building in the pit of her stomach followed by a wave of grief. She basically slams her mouth shut and tries to hold in her scream unless she wants to shatter every window in the club.

so as The cuty-patootie Nash & emma take her outside to hold in her scream and such, and Nash is able to calm her down & help her hold down her scream for some odd reason (wink wink ), the next day she realizes that the girl died-just as she predicted.

Now welcome as you are pulled into the world of the soul screamers.

In the novel, we discover that Kaylee is actually a bean sidhe, otherwise known as a banshee. in ancient irish folklore banshee's sing soul songs for those who are about to die- and that is basically what kaylee is doing every time she screams.

I loved the world vincent was able to build- WITHOUT VAMPIRES, WEREWOLVES & WITCHES. WHOA. its a small miracle.

I like Nash, i really do. At first you cant help but role your eyes: a jock falling in love with a girl he barely noticed before? cliicchheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. BUT BUT BUT. your doubts are quickly disposed of, trust me on this one. There are reasons; good reasons- which will make you feel sorry for rolling your eyes. hehe ;)

in the end, i'm totally impressed . defenitly one of my favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Take.