Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Aug 25, 12

liked it
bookshelves: august-december-reading-challenge, urban-fantasy, vamps, werewolves, faeries, gods-and-goddesses, adult, mythology, paranormal, druids, magic
Read from August 23 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was a pretty decent first book. I liked the humor and various references throughout. I'm not sure exactly how to feel about Atticus, yet, but he seems like an alright guy. Oberon is the best, though.

I think the main reason this series appeals to me is all of the mythology and fae popping up throughout. I love stuff like this.

I tried not to let some of the reviews I've seen about the way the female characters are depicted in this series. Most of them aren't very likable at all. I do like The Morrigan, though as she has a dark sense of humor. In a way, though, I am reminded of how all of the powerful members of the opposite sex tend to want to want to sleep with Atticus and how the guy is practically unbeatable. I was actually surprised when he had a little bit of trouble at the end, but that was due to a power drain caused by power that was not initially his own. I kind of hope that things go a bit more difficult for him in the future. He is a crafty guy, though. I have to give him that. He finds some handy ways to get himself out of danger. Though he got played by Brighid, Morrigan and Flidais pretty thoroughly.

I'll keep reading the series as really, the premise is interesting as hell. Maybe the female characters won't be quite so annoying in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

08/24/2012
2.0% ""A sword swished below my knees without so much as a "Have at thee!" Lmao"
08/24/2012
2.0% "Faeries sure don't like Atticus very much."
08/24/2012
4.0% "Lol @ this convo he is having with The Morrigan."
5.0% "That sure sounds dire." 5 comments
08/24/2012
8.0% "So this is Oberon."
08/24/2012
11.0% "Atticus just got laid."
08/24/2012
15.0% "Lmao @ Oberon arguing with Flidais's stags"
16.0% "Oh damn!"
08/24/2012
26.0% "I knew that's who she was having him make that tea to use again. How bitchy."
08/24/2012
30.0% "He just killed dude right in the street. What if another neighbor had been looking out of a window?"
08/25/2012
45.0% "These gods sure are making Atticus's life a mess."
48.0% "It seems the witches are liars." 2 comments
08/25/2012
65.0% "How dare Emily touch Oberon!"