Kelsey's Reviews > Cash

Cash by Johnny Cash

Jul 17, 12

Read from July 01 to 10, 2012

Johnny Cash is perceptive, genuine, candid, and driven in his writing. He lived some CRAZY stories. Drugs, travel, concerts, near death experiences, family, and redemption woven through it all. Despite the fact that this man was plenty wealthy throughout his career, he seemed to always stay focused on what mattered and kept his heart and head level. He owned several homes but at the end of the day cherished walking barefoot at his farmhouse in Tennessee, sitting on the porch in the quiet evening. His interest was peaked by ordinary things like weather patterns. He raved about his wife June, his children, his grand children, and his God-Jesus Christ. He knows what is worth admiring and I like that about him. He seemed to have a very accurate view of himself--never too humble or proud. He definitely wasn't a saint, and he didn't pretend to be, but he always knew where his hope came from. And of course he made great, simple, honest music.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in the life of Johnny Cash. He tells his story well and he is worth hearing from. I'd like to read more about him after reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cash.