Book Him Danno's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Cathi Hanauer

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, books-sent-by-author-publisher-for
Read from July 01 to 08, 2012

Wow, wow, wow, wow, I don’t even know how to tell you that I loved this book. It was fantastic, I wanted to keep reading but I didn’t want it to end either. The closer I got to the end the slower I started to read, I wanted to know what would happen but I also knew that with this sort of book that the ending would really only be another beginning. I saw myself in these pages and it was fascinating and really made me double take often. Was this book about me? Well NO, but WOW…..or did I say that already? I hope this is expressing how much I enjoyed this book. 5 Stars +.

The struggle in this book for me was who to hate, and who to cheer for or against. I wanted to hate Eric and then I wanted to hug him. Whose side should I take? That is the problem with couple relationships especially in a divorce situation…who do you get to keep in the divorce of your good friends? What a pain that you can’t keep them both. Well this book is wonderful, thought provoking, well written, amazing and WOW. You need to read this book if you are married, or in a long term relationship, or thinking of being in either in the future. This book will open your eyes and let you know- you are not the only one in how you feel alone in a room full of people you know. You are worried about you and everyone else is worried about themselves and who can you talk to?

Read this book especially if it is the only one you read this month. I am still thinking about Eve and Eric and I finished this book a week ago. Kids, work, church, friends, enemies, spouses, family members and every other thing in your life that pulls your attention is in this book. How do you decide what is the most important and what you can let go? That is the question for the ages and I have no answers for you. Read this book and see yourself and how maybe you can figure out what is truly important before it is gone….for good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

07/01/2012 page 150