Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Final Life

Final Life by Rose Garcia

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read on July 01, 2012

Lately I have been in kind of a reading slump. It's not that I have been reading bad books, because I haven't, but I just haven't really gotten into the last few books that I have read. They just took me a lot longer than normal to get through. But I think I am officially over my reading slump! I'm pretty excited about this, and I'm also pretty excited about Final Life. It was such a great read! I thought the pacing was perfect, the characters were well developed and the story-line was really intriguing.

I think the real star of Final Life was Dominique. She was relatable, smart and intuitive. She was accepting of the supernatural but also a touch skeptical and questioning. She was a little stubborn and shy, but it rounded out her personality well, in my opinion. Farrell, Trent, Jan and Infiniti rounded out the cast of characters in Final Life and I really liked them all. We got to know Trent more than Farrell, which kind of bummed me out. Trent is a great guy, but I wanted to really get to know Farrell, and learn more about his thoughts and feelings. I think there is a really good chance of seeing more of him in book 2, so I can't wait for that!

I kind of wish we saw a little bit more of Infiniti and Dominique's friendship. At one point Infiniti said that Dominique was her best friend and she thanks her for their friendship. It was a really nice moment, but we didn't really get to see too many "best friend moments" throughout the book. I would have liked to see a little bit more of that as a backstory.

Overall, Final Life was such an excellent read. I read the book pretty quickly and I was left wishing I had book 2 in my possession so I could read it right away. I can't wait to see more of the Transhuman saga unfold. I am really interested in learning more about them. The writing is great, and the plot is even better. This is a series to look out for.

4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Life.