Susan's Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann

Jul 01, 2012

Read from July 01 to 07, 2012

I am going to post on my blog, and here on goodreads. I am so excited about this book, and share it with the world. I am not ready to write my thoughts yet. Just I will tell you it is a good read.

Remincent of The Great Gatsby at times. There is historical fiction, suspense, family, has a gothic feel, and a murder. But, the murder is not the center of the story. It is the characters. I love the setting is Martha's Vineyard my favorite summer place to be, and high society, how she describes the rich and the martinis, and parties, etc.

There is Nick, Helena are cousins. They live in Martha's Vineyard.

Nick is cold as ice and usually gets what she is seeking in. She shows no emotion to her husband or her daughter. We learn why later as the story unfolds. Hughes is Nick's husband, he was in the military. When he was shipped back, he seems different.

Helena is marrying, Avery. He is boozing up his wife with pills and alcohol. Trying to get all her money. Some reason Nick feels sorry for Helena and does everything to help her. But, Helena is jealous and bitter of her cousin's kindness, and resents her. She treats her like she is frail.

Both of them have children. Daisy is Nick's daughter. She is very competitive and is daddy's little princess. Helena and Avery's son, is Ed. He is a bit off and strange, watches everyone he likes to watch every, he calls this he's research (at the age of 13). In the mist of it all there is a murder on the island, with the maid, Elena. It is suspected that Frank Wilcox did something. But, it was never proven. But, someone knows but they are not spilling the beans yet. Until years later something happens to force the truth to come out.

The entire story has hidden secrets, and resentments, and secrecy among all of them. Until something causes someone to literally unravel.

I just loved Tigers in Red Weather. It was given to me as a galley by Anna at Grand Central publishing. It is such a story. You have to buy yourself a copy either digital or hard back copy. You won't be sorry. I love the description how the author describes the house. The 4 different points of views of the situation. Each person's perspective of the same event. I will be writing a review soon. But, I wanted to get my thought on the goodread site as soon as possible to shout to the world a good book to read for the summer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.

07/02/2012 page 89
24.0% "This is so good. The descriptive writing is spectacular. WW2, and Martha's Vineyard, and high society, with fancy dresses, martinis, parties, cigars, etc.. love it."
07/03/2012 page 156
42.0% "Has to be one of the best reads to read at the pool or to throw in your tote bag headed to the beach. Unfortunately, book is not out till mid-July. But a great escape for us people that have to work, and not vacationing. I wish I was going to Martha's Vineyard while reading. Great mystery too. How did the maid show up at the guest house dead?"
07/07/2012 page 306
83.0% "Has a gothic feel. Like how the author each had their perspective on the same situation. Now making sense of the situation, from each person's take. Some authors technique works this way, where others don't. This one did. By the third person you grasp the entire event."

message 1: by Jami (new) - added it

Jami Collier looks good....I just put my name on the list at the library

Susan You won't regret it. I would love to discuss this book with anyone that wants to read it.