Cindy's Reviews > The Kindness of Strangers

The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle

Jul 04, 2012

Read from July 01 to 04, 2012

This book was a tough read... a good one, but hard.

When I checked it out after reading the book it sounded interesting. A book about a family and a terrible secret; there was no hint or clue what the secret was.

This is a book about child abuse. Be warned that there are paragraphs that describe sexual abuse that a child endured. Over and over.

I liked how "real" the story was, especially with Sarah. Sarah is torn about getting guardianship of Jordan, the abused child. In real life many would probably tell you they would know "to do the right thing." They would immediately take the child, give them the home and family he needs. Sarah's first reaction (& several times in the book) is hesitation and later, sometimes even regret. I liked how real and honest the author portrayed Sarah.

Overall this was a good book, but not the light read the book cover or jacket might let you belive at first glance. I think there should be some kind of hint on the inside jacket to let you know what the secret actually is. I could see how tough of a story this could for someone ho thought they had a light beach read... especially if they were sexually abused themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kindness of Strangers.