Jimena's Reviews > Taking a Shot

Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton

Jul 04, 2012

bookshelves: romance
Read from July 02 to 03, 2012

I’ve gotta start with the cover… this is hands down the best cover in the Play by Play series! The yummy body of Jason Vendryes hmmm *drool*. Alright back to business!

The story is about hockey pro Tyler Anderson and Jenna Riley. Jenna wants nothing to do with a jock. In her family and at the bar she’s surrounded by sports, she wants to be with someone who isn’t into sports. But sexy Ty keeps hanging out in the bar on his nights off and wants to charm Jenna.

I hoped this story would start out different. Because it’s the same as in The Perfect Play and Changing the Game. They are attracted to each other, have sex, then have some more, then commitment issues start popping up, followed by a fall out and in the end a happily ever after. But hey, I love these stories otherwise I wouldn't be reading romance books. It’s just that the beginning is exactly the same. It would be nice if it started out a bit different. Though the middle part was totally different. I could relate to Jenna, I loved reading how Jenna grew and took chances even though she was scared. She loves her family a lot and puts them first, even if this means not going after her dreams and keeping everything to herself. Once I started this book I couldn’t stop. It was a great book, no 5-stars because I wished this book was a bit more different than the previous books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking a Shot.

07/02/2012 page 134