Millyha's Reviews > Waiting for Daisy: A Tale of Two Continents, Three Religions, Five Infertility Doctors, an Oscar, an Atomic Bomb, a Romantic Night, and One Woman's Quest to Become a Mother

Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein

Jul 05, 12

Read from July 01 to 05, 2012

A must read for anyone who's ever experienced infertility or multiple miscarriages. I was fully expecting this book to be a difficult read because of the personal connection I have to the subject matter. I was also worried it would be 'churchy'. Instead, I was stunned by just how much I had in common with the author. I could have written the first half of the book (except for being a wildly successful author married to an Oscar winner, of course). The second half deals with things I have yet to experience, but it's not that far outside of what we'd consider doing. There was some discussion of religion, but not in a 'trying to convert' way. She discusses her faith and her husband's, but that's about it.

I really enjoyed how the author seems to be able to look back on that time in her life with an objective eye. There are some points where I think she gets off topic and rants a bit about things that don't pertain to the subject matter, but in a weird way that adds to the conversational feeling of the book.

Maybe it's because I connected with this book, but I think it's very much worth reading.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for Daisy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andie (new) - added it

Andie Thanks for such a great review - I'm adding this to my list immediately. :)

Also, *hug*