Jo (Mixed Book Bag)'s Reviews > Rescue Me

Jul 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: romance
Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy

There is a lot of back story and world building in Rescue Me and sometimes it got in the way of the romance. I liked both the main characters. Sadie Hollowell is an independent successful woman who has issues with her father any time she goes home to Texas. She is not much for commitment in any relationship Vince Haven is a ex Navy Seal suffering from mild PTSD who also has commitment issues. The two meet when Sadie has to go home to be in her cousins wedding. Neither wants a serious relationship so friends with benefits seems to suit them both. In the book the two really do not spent that much time with each other. That is where the back story and world building get in the way of the romance. I found the romance to be a little thin. I assume there is a next book in this series so maybe there will be more about Sadie and Vince.

It is a light fun read. It would be a great to take on vacation. I have not any of Rachel Gibson's other books. I did pick up on the fact that Vince was a side character from a previous book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Me.