Linda's Reviews > Gisborne: Book of Pawns

Gisborne by Prue Batten

Jul 08, 12

Read from July 01 to 08, 2012

This book was very easy to read. The story was not cluttered with excess words or characters, but the grammatical errors were disconcerting. In general the hero and heroine gave and received mixed messages resulting in perils that rivaled those of Pauline. To be fair to Adam of Eden, the Lady Ysabel caused most of the trouble she and Guy of Gisborne encountered because she would not heed Guy's advice and instruction.
I sense that in the sequel to be published next year, this author might have a surprise or two in store for readers.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gisborne.

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri Good that you got the book from Prue, Linda. Please let us in the group know how you are going with it. :-)

Linda I like the book and thank the person who sent it my way. The N2A chip is great but haven't had the time to discover all it can do. At the halfway mark of the book I sense this book is going to be very good. My only complaint is the misuse of personal pronouns. I hear these same mistakes in television programs and in general conversation with well educated people. It seems people are afraid of 'me' and do not use reflexive pronouns correctly. Heaven knows I make many grammatical mistakes, but this book needs some editing.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri Excellent feedback for the author I think, Linda.

You keep mentioning this N2A chip. I'm afraid I don't know what that is.

Linda Thank you for the feedback comment. I wasn't sure about protocol in such matters.
The Nook 2 Android is a chip Husband Tom installed in my Nook Color. Remember when Amazon would not post my review of James Hockey's books? With this chip I can get those reviews published as soon as I get my email address and password problem fixed. Woe is me. I did post Scott Bury's and James Hockey's reviews on Facebook. Unfortunately, EVERYTHING else got posted too. Some private searches I had made went public.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri Ah I see. We don't have the Nook over here so I am not familiar with the Nook details. Thanks for that. :)