Cecile's Reviews > Callum

Callum by Melissa Schroeder

Sep 13, 12

Read from July 01 to August 20, 2012

Okay first... Let me say that I am a huge fan of Ms. Melissa's work! Like a HUGE fan... She has never disappointed me... Her stories are riveting, enticing, alluring, lustful, hot and of course just all sorts of yummies. She weaves her stories in such a way that you will devour the story and not know what time it is... Her stories are so enthralling that you will want more, need more... crave more! And this one is no exception!

Now secondly, I would like to thank all the people that Ms. Melissa thanked in her dedication because without them... I would have never been able to read this awesome story. Thank you guys for pushing Melissa to write this story... And Brandy for pushing her to publish it!

This story is just that awesome... Yes, ladies and gentlemen... This is a great... okay... scratch that.. Awesome way to introduce a new storyline... This is a story about two families that have been at odds with each other for centuries; with no end in sight. Both families are cursed... but can the curse be broken... Enter in the picture one woman with one mission... To learn!

Phoebe is one woman who is no nonsense. She knows the rules of life; so she plays the game very well. Never letting her heart get involved with anything other than artifacts. She lives, eats and breaths dig sites. She loves what she does with a passion... But her secret passion is with Celtic legends and when she is given the chance at getting an up-close look into the world of the Celtic legend she has studied all her life... how can she say no! But at what price will it cost her to work with Callum and his family....?

Callum and his family are different from the normal family... How you might ask... Well, they have been around for centuries... No, I don't mean as in the family line has been around for that long... or can be traced back that far... No... They actually have been physically around for that long. They are cursed due to something that happened way back when.. Of course I cannot tell you what happened... I have to get you to read the story somehow right?!?! Well, anyway.. back to my review...

Callum is not very trusting of the world... So, when he finds out that in order to even attempt to break this blasted ass curse, they have to bring in an outsider - well, let's just say he is not pleased... Then when he finds out she is from England... Well, let's just say he has a few choice words to say about that...

But now... when this story kicked off, Melissa had me intrigued from the very first page... She wrapped me around this family and had me wanting to know what the hell was going to happen... Melissa did an awesome job at giving me what I needed in this book but giving me the surprise of knowing there is definitely more to come from this family and their adventures to solve this family curse... Now did I give away to much.. No, because believe me when I tell you Melissa will give you the ride of your life with this story when you read it! Callum and his bad ass Scottish self... And he does look rather yummy in his kilt... And believe me the sex is... Well, it is all what is it made out to be - HOT!

This couple will rock your world! There are lies, there are half truths.... There are plots of vengeance, plans of thievery... There are things in this story that will only wet your lips for what is to come in the next one.. Oh and did I mention that Callum has other family members... One female... but the other four... Well, they are men just like him... So, I am very anxious to read the next one to see what will happen to that family member because this story just gets better and better!

Melissa created strong characters. Ones that will stand up to each other... No one is over domineering... Well, wait a minute... Callum kinda is but he is all that a bag of chips - so he can be as domineering as he wants to be... Especially in bed (Oh Yum)!! She created the women just as strong as the men and just as tough to break as the men. The action in the story is enough to make it what you want to read but not to much to where that is all you are reading... The story is done in taste and style that is all Melissa!

Okay... When is book two coming out honey??? People like me want to know... You know you have teased us and taunted us enough.... Trust me when I tell you, you are going to devour this story in two if not one day... My challenge to you... See if you can put it down!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Callum.