Marcia's Reviews > Temptation Rising

Temptation Rising by A.C. Arthur

Jul 01, 12

Bookswagger Danielle: Four Crowns, good read, on the way to swagger. While the concept didn’t wow I wasn’t totally bored to tears. I applaud the author for her use of ethnic characters it wasn’t overly done and exaggerated in fact after the initial descriptions I was hard pressed to even think about it. That tells me she did a wonderful job because it wasn’t the focus. Roman was hands down my favorite character. I’m not sure if it’s a character flaw within me but I just love imperfect, aggressive, slightly arrogant heroes with flaws. His desire for Kalina didn’t take away from his alpha status and there were really no silly arguments to detract from the story. I would have liked to see the author develop Kalina more.

Without giving too much away I felt her investigation was really kind of weak and a little unrealistic for me. If I didn’t find a money trail seeing the name Cortez the drug lord on documents would have triggered way more questions. Simply put other characters outshined her. I found myself intrigued with Baxter wondering how he knew things and was he really human.This book had a little something for everyone suspense, romance, fantasy and paranormal and I really enjoyed it. I found myself at the end looking for more. I will definitely be reading the second book when it comes out.

Bookswagger Marcia: Three crowns, swagger jacked , decent read. I have read contemporaries by A.C. Arthur and I really like Arthur’s style. I would recommend giving this books a try especially for our AA readers who do not like paranormal and are mostly into the contemporary or street urban fiction romances. I liked the hero Roman he met the heroine early in the book in were form saving her during a brutal attack. Which is one of the things I did not get, I mean this is romance fiction right, we had to include a prologue with the BLANK scene. I left it BLANK because as I sit and write this I realize that is what threw me off about the whole book I don’t even want to type that word on my blog. The only thing about the scene was the hero met her saved her and caught her unique scent and they didn’t meet again until years later.

I am a fan of the A.C., I even made Danielle read it see above 4 crowns. All in all this was a decent read. I was glad to see her writing a paranormal. The cast of characters is multicultural and the book can be bought in print in an actual bookstore which is not something that can be said of many multicultural romances and hardly ever of a multicultural paranormal unless was an erotic story sold at the now closed Borders… Lord I wanted to love this book. I really did. I know I am rating this book low while still recommending it. Because I think some people will like this book. So read it and tell me what you think.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation Rising.