Faye Heath's Reviews > The Sixes

The Sixes by Kate White

Jul 02, 12

Read from July 01 to 02, 2012

I've been sitting here asking myself what it takes for a book to rate a four or five star review. I read for many different reasons. I read to be enlightened. I read to be uplifted. I read to be entertained. Heck, sometimes I read to scoff and maybe feel a bit superior. How do you compare different types of books? If East of Eden or A Tale Of Two Cities deserves five stars how do you rank a really good beach read? It's comparing apples and oranges.

I've decided that, for me, I will hand out stars based upon how much I enjoyed the book. If I find myself reading bleary-eyed, late into the night because I can't put the book down then that book deserves a high ranking.

The Sixes, a psychological thriller, falls into that category. I could not stop reading this book. There are parts in the book that had me a little scared (okay, a lot scared...this is not a book to read alone at night)and I loved it!

I'll admit to guessing who done it prior to the author's revelation but, to be honest, at one time or other I suspected just about every possible character so I don't know that I can claim bragging rights.

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway (I won! I won!) and I am so happy to be able to report that I really liked it.

The Sixes...a good, creepy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sixes.