Laura's Reviews > Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore

Jul 01, 12

Read on July 01, 2012

Brielle left her small hometown in search of fulfilling her dreams, but when tragedy strikes, she returns home broken. She finds herself constantly bumping into Jake, a new guy, whose warmth draws her in despite her best efforts to ignore it. When a spiritual battle breaks loose in their small town as evil threatens the lives of innocent children, the two are drawn into a world where the supernatural and natural meet and choices that determine forever are made.
For fans of Christian fiction, picture Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness and mix with a teen romance and dab of a girl's journey to find herself. That's what Angel Eyes is. The beginning of the book is a little slow, but by the middle it had picked up to a speed that kept me up until after one in the morning to finish the novel. Brielle is a flawed but well-developed character and teen readers will identify with her. Jake is the typical hero, goofy but sensitive. Girl readers will love him.
The spiritual/paranormal plot fits what is popular with teens right now, and I think teen readers will love the romance aspect of the story. I hope they walk away thinking a little more about the spiritual world and the eternal ramifications of the choices they make.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to book two.
I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Eyes.