Passion For Pages's Reviews > Trust in Advertising

Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels

Jul 07, 12

Read from July 01 to 07, 2012

Review can by also be found on http://passionforpages.blogspot.ca/20...

Before I read Trust in Advertising I read some of the reviews for it. There seemed to be a lot of 1 and 2 star ratings. That didn’t give me too much hope for this book, but I went ahead and read it anyway. What do I have to say about those ratings now that I’ve read it for myself? Crazy, people!

There really isn’t anything I can say about this book that isn’t going to sound like a teenage girl squealing over a Justin Bieber sighting. To say I loved this book would be an understatement. I loved, loved, LOVED this book! It was hot without even getting raunchy. And I’m all for raunchy. Honestly, no one is more surprised than I am that I enjoyed this as much as I did considering I know it originally was a fan fiction. If I’m not aware that the story originated a FF then it’s all good. But when I know that it’s been out there as something else that kind of turns me off.

In this case, I’m glad I didn’t let that stop me from reading it.

I was Vincent Drake’s bitch the second his arrogant ass showed up in the pages. He owned me from the very first text he sent Lexi. Owned. Me. There wasn’t anything that didn’t make me want to rip his clothes off. Although, we could have found a sexier name than Vincent, couldn’t we? Yes, we could have. But I can overlook the name because that’s what a good, infatuated bitch does.

Lexi was cute and I liked how she didn’t take his shit. She was feisty, yet composed all at the same time. My favourite part of the book was the family cookout and the little playtime between her and Vincent. Ahh-dored the pool play. And don’t even get me started on Hope and Sean because I could go on forever about how great they were! Hope and Lexi were the perfect set of BFFs. Their relationship was
fun, honest and loyal.

Usually I don’t like books that draw out the two main characters avoiding the hook up the entire story. I mean, sure it can be a tease to wait, but there’s waiting with a payoff and then there’s the way Michaels wrote it and gave me no sexy play! None! I kept waiting to read the naughty bits but nothing! And yet, I still loved it. Have I mentioned how much I loved it?

Do yourself a favour: grab a glass of wine, settle in with the book in any way you can get your hands on it, and read, babes. Sure you might not like it since that seems to be a popular opinion, but I think it was great and definitely worth checking out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Advertising.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

❃* Hache *❃ ok now i want to read this after your comment. thanks!

Passion For Pages Hope you enjoy it as much as I did then!