Anastacia 's Reviews > This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab

This Scarlet Cord by Joan Wolf

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian, first-reads, e-books, historical-fiction
Read from July 01 to 02, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I admit it, I've always enjoyed reading fiction books about individuals from the Bible. It seems a natural fit for me, as I love history & grew up reading the Bible & even teaching Bible school for a number of years. I'm pretty familiar with the book of Joshua, & I was definitely intrigued by the premise of this book - especially because, in this world today, how was the ending going to end up a happy one, when thousands of people are going to die?

The characters are all very well written & are very believable, Wolf does a wonderful job in drawing you into Sala & Rehab's world, & discusses the religious aspects of the book in a very realistic way. She only briefly touches upon the city's utter destruction in the final climax of the book, making the story be more about Rehab, her family, & her change from paganism to Christianity.

In fact, I enjoyed this book so much, that I pushed her other titles that have been in my "TBR" pile further up the list!

I received a copy of this book for free to review from Book Sneeze. I was not paid for this review, but I do get to keep the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Scarlet Cord.