Samuel's Reviews > 100 Cupboards

100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson

Jul 01, 12

Read in December, 2011

I have to say, this book was not bad at all. I might have lost concentration during the slightly slow parts of the story and the parts that were hard to understand (such as when Henry was in that large clock looking into another world.) However, I mostly enjoyed the book. It was a very fine read with cute humor (fortunately I don't remember any significant crude humor)and bizarre action and mysterious instances. This book will probably entertain most people who read it. I can't remember much thematic material, but there were some times when Henry faced dilemmas.

Henry's uncle, Frank, was an interesting character who sold tumbleweeds, and whether or not that is intriguing, there certainly are some things about Uncle Frank that should get the readers attention. This novel gave me a newfound respect towards cupboards and doors, perhaps moreso than did The Chronichles of Narnia and the Pendragon series(the one by D.J MacHale) but these series are both simillar to 100 cupboards with regards to alternate worlds and plots that take place in territories aside from the Earth we know. Dive in and witness Henry's adventures and sail through the pages of the mystical story of 100 Cupboards!

I am certainly looking forward to reading the following books in this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 100 Cupboards.