Lucina's Reviews > To Wed a Wicked Earl

To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker

Mar 30, 15

bookshelves: genre-historical-romance

Conclusion:

Not as good as the first book, I hoped for more explanations regarding his feelings and past, but I liked this book very much.

Review:

This book started really slow and it was difficult for me getting into the story. On reason was that I was not a fan of Charlotte and Rothbury in "At The Bride Hunt Ball". I thought that Charlotte was immature, silly and foolish because she had this stupid infatuation with Tristan and thought to win his hand through changing herself. And I really thought that Rothbury would be the main villain of this series till the moment when he help Madelyn.

But throughout this book I learned that Charlotte grew because of her experience in "At The Bride Hunt Ball" and that Rothbury was not what he seemed. Well, he was what he seemed but on the inside he wanted to be different but could not because of his youth and stupid father. His mother might have started of as a good mother but leaving him when he was eight when he was direly in needed for her was definitely not okay.

This book was a light, funny and entertaining read. I smiled constantly reading this novel and loved that misunderstandings were resolved more or less quickly. This book is definitely not a dark romance and the love scenes were handled delicately.
The dark background of Ruthburys upbringing was not a major part of the story. It was not even explained or discussed properly. It was more like "He told her of this father" and that was it. Nothing more. This was slight flaw in the story that sometimes I really wished for a direct voicing instead of indirect telling. I wanted to know HOW he spoke of his past and not that he spoke of it. The same goes with him speaking of his love for Charlotte. I could feel that he loved her but the how, why and when was not really discussed. Well, he said secretly why he loved her but I wanted to get a better understanding when he fell in love and get a better insight into his feelings. It was in the book but not was much as I hoped. But this was the only problem that I had with this story. It was not as good as the first book but nothing can be better than a novel with a clumsy heroine and a stiff but sexy duke as a hero. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Wed a Wicked Earl.

03/21 marked as: currently-reading
03/21
79.0% "So good! I guess Tristan and Rosalind knew all along that Adam is in love with Miss Greene and they invited her in the first place to that bride hunt to make him jealous... I do not know what but something is going on"
03/21 marked as: read