Melissa's Reviews > Star Crossed

Star Crossed by Kele Moon

Oct 12, 13

Read in January, 2013

This is a series I found from my Twitter friends chatting about it ~ and one of them said, GET this about book 1, it's book crack! Book 1, Defying The Odds, OMG, it SO was...and the second I read the last line I was ready for this, Romeo & Jule's book...and I was not dissapointed in the least!

Julies, or Juliet as Romeo insists on calling her, is a small town, all kinds of smart, red neck, smart & sexy kind of girl...and her biggest vulnerability really took me by surprise. She's got a twin brother who just happens to also be the Sheriff (you meet all these characters in both books and get the low down, so now worries) and seems the Sherriff has had his heart broken in a terrible kinda way. We don't know the deets, but we DO know it's made Juliet super protective of Wyatt and cautious with her own heart. She's all about a great time, but not deeper than that...and when she fibs to her brother to meet for dinner in secret w/ MMA fighter Romeo Wellings while in Vegas she thinks it's just a one time thing. Only she and Romeo LIKE each other so much...and the sex. Oh baby the pages SIZZLE w/ the sex scenes in this book! They creative, sexy and DIFFERENT!

But still, Juliet is determined to leave Romeo in that "What Happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas" place in her life, until Romeo texts her...and then he calls. And somehow Juliet & Romeo find themselves not only liking each other WAY more than either thinks they should, but they're having sexy phone sex...and more.

Romeo can't stay away from Juliet. For the first time in his life, he's found a woman HE wants. She just...makes his life full. But his life -- a crazy life, full of mafia, family connections he can't cut, a past he can't lose, and choices he can't undo -- are all playing against them. Nevermind her brother, the Sherriff, who'd like to kill him. But he's compelled to be near her physically...

There is ALOT going on in this series, but Kele Moon plays it out so well, you're not lost for a second, and you slowly get to know the characters well enough you don't have to guess for a second who she's talking about. There a few scenes I truly want to gush about (SEXY, sexy) but don't want to spoil it ~ you have to READ it! I'm not big about reading about fighters...I love big brawny men, but I'm just meh about the fighters for some reasons. This series is making me think I'm WRONG.

I loved Rome, his instant draw & attraction to Juliet ~ and his commitment to his brothers. I really liked Juliet ~ she's got a super full plate, to the point I was like how you gonna fit a man in there, but I can find it believable to a degree if she was trying to keep men OUT before Romeo...and after he came life adjustments have to made.

You need to read this and let me know your thoughts!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Crossed.

10/12/2013 marked as: read