Cj W's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, romance, suspense-thriller
Read in June, 2012

The first book in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Series by George R.R. Martin.

This first book follows, mainly, the journey of Eddard Stark and his family, as they move into court, onto the Wall, or into Battle.

In a land of cold temperatures, undead creatures, and direwolves, the Stark family uncover a murder plot, and murders that have already happened, and are, because of this, now enemy's of the royal house of Lannister, who finds themselves in possession of the Iron Throne.

Good Book!
This is an HBO series, that I have heard talked about on Facebook many times, as well as Twitter, but I myself have not seen one second of the show.
Which, I think, keeps the books more interesting for me!
I'd rather read the book first, and watch the show second. So I will read the entire series before I try to get the show on Netflix or on the internet.

I think that, at first, the book was 'slightly' slow, but as the people and situations fell into place, it became a lot more intriguing, and I found myself wanting to keep reading to find out what happens to all of the characters that are followed in this book.

I finished it last night, and THANK THE LORD, there was a chapter from the second book in it, because when I finished the last page, I was NOT ready to be done, and I do not have the second book yet!
I am hoping to get it from my neighbor in like, 20 minutes! And I shall be reading all day I think .... Because, gosh darnit! This is good crap!

- CJ

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.