Natasha McNeely's Reviews > Dominant Race

Jul 04, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended for: Fantasy/Dystopian/Science Fiction readers
Read from July 03 to 04, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 3

Disclaimer: I am the author's friend. I did, however, buy my own copy of the book to read and review and I do not regret sticking with her during the journey of writing this book, nor do I regret spending $2.99 to get it.

In Dominant Race, the author has created a dystopian world with scientific aspects and merged them alongside unique and interesting characters to create a world that I want to know more about.

Lilia, the main character, is strong-willed and a touch rebellious as she leaves behind the only life she ever knew to help others like her. She is a modified; a human with DNA enhanced by animal DNA. The story focuses on the modified struggle with the normals - the humans without genetic enhancement.

Between the war that blossoms as this novella progresses, there is love, heartbreak, and a family struggle. Elisa Nuckle tells only the basics of the Earth's past, which leaves readers with plenty of room to envision the history of the Old People (the original humans on Earth) and how things turned into their current state.

Emotions get in the way and create a spectacular story that left me wondering how it will progress. It is war. A brutal war. Not everyone will survive. Judge for yourself if it's a happy ending.

If you enjoy science fiction, dystopian, or fantasy, then I recommend this novella that contains a touch of all of the above.

4 1/2 stars from me. It is worth the read and I'm looking forward to the rest of the trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dominant Race.

07/03/2012
2.0% "After beta-reading this twice, it's time to read it for the third time! Third time's the charm; full review coming soon!"
07/03/2012
26.0% "Great characters so far and I love the setting and detail. Definitely continuing this soon!"