Misty's Reviews > Catch Me

Catch Me by Lisa Gardner

Jul 18, 12

Read from July 01 to 18, 2012

Excellent mystery and chock full of twists and turns. DD has a baby. Can you believe it?

What I liked: The to-be-murdered victim was pretty cool. She trained and obsessed over taking down her killer or at least making sure her killer would be caught. I really liked her. DD is always enjoyable and even more in this story where her personal life was so important. The interactions with her parents were hilarious and I could totally relate to the issues she faced as a new mom. And Tulip! Tulip is my new favorite fictional dog EVER!

What I didn't like: The switch between POV's got to be a little much for me in this book. If all of them had been either 1st person or 3rd, it would have made for smoother reading. Having said that, I think the victim's POV was more forceful in 1st person. I also thought the killer was a touch farfetched. A killer with a serious mental disorder would have an extremely difficult time fitting into the role she did in this story. I don't want to give away spoilers, so I'll leave it at that. Also, the countdown to the murder was strung out too much for my liking. I found myself skimming the chapters in the kid's point of view trying to get to the climax.

All in all, though, a tightly plotted thriller that will stay with you long after you read it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Me.