Alazzar's Reviews > Odd and the Frost Giants

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman

Jul 01, 12

Read on June 30, 2012

This book only took me about an hour to read (which means it would take a normal person ~30 minutes), and because of that, there is absolutely no excuse for anyone in the history of ever to avoid giving this book a shot.

After recently reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time, I decided that children's books may just be awesome, even if you're an old man like me. (I'm pretty sure I'm like 85, despite what my birth certificate might indicate.) And I figured that if children's books can be good, then Gaiman's would probably be the best of the lot, because he's Neil Freakin' Gaiman.

As such, I waltzed into the juvenile section of my library (like a total creeper), picked up a book about a young boy's Norse-mythological journey and devoured it in one sitting. In proper Gaiman fashion, it was perfection: funny, magical, engaging, and all the other stuff that makes a book good.

If you like Norse mythology (or even if you don't), give it a read. It'll only take you half an hour--what're you waiting for?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd and the Frost Giants.

message 1: by John (new) - added it

John And another one for the to-read list!