Fatma's Reviews > Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: e-books, dystopian, favorites
Read from July 23 to 29, 2012

Hmm.. I have mixed feelings towards this novel, but I'm leaning towards loving instead of hating it.

Well, to start off, the story-line is peculiar, liked the fact that it's in the perspective of a sympathetic zombie who falls in love.
YA novels are usually very childish and I can't say this is entirely adult-fiction, but Isaac's writing is very poetic and surprisingly, philosophical.
There's something that I found very creative, which is the chapter headers. The author uses something unique, something that doesn't involve numbers or names, he uses different images of organs and the anatomy of body parts to indicate different chapters.

Cons:
1) I didn't like the heroine, I kept hoping throughout the story that she would grow on me, but she reminded me of Alaska from "Looking for Alaska" by John Green, and I wasn't very fond of her.
2) The ending.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued.

ALSO,
[I've read this book on my kindle, but I couldn't stop myself from buying the printed copy! The cover is simply impeccable and needed to be on my bookshelf.]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.

Quotes Fatma Liked

Isaac Marion
“There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, and it's up to you how you respond to it.”

Isaac Marion
“I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses.”

Isaac Marion
“But it does make me sad that we've forgotten our names. Out of everything, this seems to me the most tragic. I miss my own and I mourn for everyone else's, because I'd like to love them, but I don't know who they are.”

Isaac Marion
“I sigh inside, so exhausted by these ugly questions, but when did a monster ever deserve its privacy?”

Isaac Marion
“The shadows of the room pool in the lines of our faces, draining our eyes of hue. "There's nothing left worth saying.”

Isaac Marion
“Once again the absurdity of my inner thoughts overwhelms me, and I want to crawl out of my skin, escape my ugly, awkward flesh and be a skeleton, naked and anonymous.”

07/23/2012 page 33
07/25/2012 page 85
35.0% "So far, so good."
07/28/2012 page 187
78.0% "I think I just fell for this book."
show 1 hidden update…

Sarah am in midst of a review! review it now

Fatma Sarah wrote: "am in midst of a review! review it now"

Lol! Done.

Sarah the ending was a bit abrupt and *cannot explain without spoiler* but i also loved all the chapter headings! and there was some awesome quotes!

Fatma Sarah wrote: "the ending was a bit abrupt and *cannot explain without spoiler* but i also loved all the chapter headings! and there was some awesome quotes!"

Totally agree! Lol, and my obsession over the headings is explained on tumblr..