Elizabeth's Reviews > Yesterday's Gone: Season One

Yesterday's Gone by Sean Platt

Jul 01, 12

Read in June, 2012

This was fun. Downloaded Season 2 already. Apocalyptic fiction is a guilty pleasure, but hey, it helps me relate to my 14 year old son and his friends really well. I'll never forget the conversation I had with a friend of my son's when he tried to go toe to toe with me on Zombie and end of the world books. He left with a long list and I finally got someone that could discuss my disappointment with World War Z intelligently. Bravo.

Anyhoo, this is enjoyable. Everyone disappears. There are creepy survivors (a serial killer, nice touch) and those who are genuinely good. There are scenes that actually spooked me, monsters that scared even his jade 42 year old mom (and let's face it, not much can scare a mom), and characters that are well developed and intriguing. Written in serial form, I wish I would have heard about this series when it first came out. Reminds me a lot of The Walking Dead (without my beloved zombies). Love the cliffhangers and I think it would have been delightfully agonizing to await the next installments.

On to series 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday's Gone.