Beckie's Reviews > The Possession of Cassie Quinn

The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson

Aug 20, 12

bookshelves: arc, given-to-read-by-author-publisher, own, paperback, read-for-review-on-blog, ya-horror
Read from August 09 to 11, 2012

Review found: http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.co...

I am slowing becomes a huge supernatural horror fan. The Possession of Cassie Quinn just reminds me of why I fell in love with this type of book. Honestly this book just totally freaked me out and made me have goosebumps most of the way through. So if your like me and like a good scare than I would definitely read this one but be sure to keep one eye open when you sleep. I know I did.

As the book begins we learn that Cassie's Mother has just gotten remarried to a man named Dave and is now stuck with a new step-sister, Ashleigh. Cassie and her little sister, Andie are forced to move away and live in a large house in the country with her new family. Cassie just wants to be done with the move and carry on with her now fractured life the best she can. Cassie begins having frightening and confusing dreams about something that happen in the house years ago. She'll find out that the house holds many secrets, ones too dark to be told. So when things become even weirder for her upon moving it she is all but happy. In her bedroom she receive terrifying messages that is from beyond the grave. LEAVE! Someone or "something" does not want Cassie and her family to live there. With no one to turn to she begins to make friends with the local kids and discovers they are the key to finding out what really happen and what she can do to end this. But finding the truth may end up killing her or..... worse!

No spoilers there because I don't want to give away any of the good scary parts. I must say I was very surprised but how amazing the story was. I love a good scare but this just has me looking over my shoulder for a week after. The Author Kathryn Knutson really did a excellent job at making the me feel like I was right there with Cassie while the events were taking place around her. Cassie is a strong female protagonist and reading from her POV was much more thrilling than it would have been from a 3rd person POV. The book was short read but all the more reason to want to reach the end. The last few pages I found to scare me the most and was definitely a conclusion I was not suspecting.

The one and only thing that I did not care for was the pace of the book. I found myself stopping and coming back a lot. While the author's writing was very edgy and predominant it got a little choppy at times during the book. Other than that I would say I truly enjoyed the book and would love to read the next installment.

The Possession of Cassie Quinn is a beautifully hunting tale. A thrilling ride from start to finish. A MUST read for a supernatural/horror fans. This book left me with the chills long after the last page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Possession of Cassie Quinn.