Sonya's Reviews > The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: 2012
Read on July 01, 2012

This is a quick and enjoyable book about consciously choosing happiness (or acting that way until you are.) I hope it will remind me to be more thoughtful, celebrate the moments as they happen, and be less critical in the ways I deal with other people. The mantra of the book is "The days are long; the years are short." Isn't that the truth? Of course, I found myself regretting all the short years I didn't make the most of, all the snappish things I've said, and how I often didn't enjoy the small moments as they were happening. I can't get those years back, but I can try harder to be present in the present.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiness Project.

message 1: by Vivian (new) - added it

Vivian Sounds like I need to read this book as well, Sonya! Thanks.

Sonya Hi Vivian. The book will make you reconsider the small choices that make up your day. I hope some of it sticks with me. As an aside, I started tracking food again on SP. It feels good to commit to that for a while. Hope you are doing well.

Jeska Dzwigalski Just started reading, liking it so far :)

Sonya Hope you enjoy. It'll make you think about ingrained habits, if nothing else.