Anastacia 's Reviews > Fairy Metal Thunder

Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, series, young-adult-childrens, e-books
Read in July, 2012

This was a kindle book I picked up for free earlier this year. It was a quick read, only took a few hours to read. It starts off real enough, & then rather abrumptly shows its fantasy side, & that's when the story really starts to take off.

As with most first books in a series, there's a certain amount of world & character building, which I did enjoy. There are lots of hints of action, but other than the climax at the end of the story, nothing really happens in the story, & all the hints of future development do not come to pass. Of course, this is so the reader just HAS to buy the next book to see what happens, but I just didn't get invested in the book enough to really need the next part.

I give it 4 stars, however, as it was an enjoyable read up until the end - I just wish things had been settled a bit more. It felt too much like an advertisement for the rest of the series instead of a stand alone book, but that's just my two cents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Metal Thunder.