Megan's Reviews > Glimpse

Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

Jul 01, 12

Read in June, 2012

I wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I ended up more frustrate than entertained when I finished. The premise for Glimpse was a good idea, although it never really pans out and I was left feeling cheated. The pacing of the story was all off a lot of thing dragged and when there was a big event they were rushed and the climax come way to early in the story and everything else feels like filler.
The character have no depth at all, I just could not bring myself to care about them no matter how hard I tried. There was no growth or development they are all the same shallow character at the end some even more shallow. The "true love" between Zellie and Avery came of as nothing more than teenage infatuation and lust rather than any actual emotions. Nothing about how the characters reactions to situations seemed realistic, everyone seemed way to accepting and able to go on with life after some pretty weird situations and sad events.
The end itself was in a word , lame. Everything was tied up in a pretty bow and everyone goes on with their shallow little lives. That was not the ending this book needed.
Certain sub-plots were dropped or never fully explain I'm sure to garner interest in the next book in the series, but it really kinda fails at that and just annoyed me. Would I recommend Glimpse? Not at all. Will I read the rest of the series? Possibly, but only because I really do hate not finishing a series but I'm not in any hurry. So if for some reason you do decide to read this (it was free for my kindle) I hope you find more enjoyment out of it than I did, if not you can't say I didn't warn you

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimpse.