Xanthi's Reviews > You Can Heal Your Life

You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay

Jul 20, 12

Read from July 01 to 20, 2012

After going through some emotional turbulence, several people suggested i read this book. One had a copy and so lent it to me. I have been aware of this author for a long time and felt her new age - ish approach to life wasn't really my thing. But here I was with a copy in my hands so I thought I'd give it a go.
I found it very hard to get into it. The first time she mentions 'the Universe', little alarm bells went off in my head. As I read on, things did not improve. I guess I am far too skeptical and cynical to really get into her way of thinking about things. I am not a great believer in the so called 'Law of Attraction'. Too much of this book was in the same vein as "The Secret" - a book that makes me cringe.
The only thing that stops me from giving this book 1 star is the fact that the author does have some interesting and useful things to say. The book is not a complete loss - it just isn't a book for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can Heal Your Life.