Djanique's Reviews > The Moon Dwellers

The Moon Dwellers by David Estes

Jul 04, 2012

bookshelves: first-book-series, free-e-books, more-then-interesting, mystery, english-books
Read from July 03 to 04, 2012

Wow, let I just first say what an amazing and surprising book this is. I really enjoyed it!!!

By coincides a friend read this book on Goodreads, so I first read the introduction and thought, this book belongs to the more-then-interesting shelf. Just about a week after the first look, I got the opportunity to read this book by read 2 review, so I took it, and this was a great decision.

I have this week two final test for school, but when I just read the first chapter, I couldn’t stop and so I have read this book as soon as possible, so I have finally finish it (within two days).

Adele is a moon dweller and has been sentenced to life in a prison called Pen. When she met Twaini and Cole, and saw for the first time Tristan (son of the president), her regular prison life comes to an end. In the short time they see each other, their eyes connect, and that has consequences for Tristan and Adele. She plans to escape with her friends to find her family, and Tristan plans to go back to meet her in the Moon dweller district. Will they find each other and will Adele find her family?

The futuristic world that is described in the book is realistic (for dystopian). How further you read, how sooner you get the answers what is happened with the earth and why have the people names like sun, star or moon dwellers well they all live under the ground. I find the name Adele beautiful and original then most of the books in this sort of genre. She is strong, not helpless but she has also a human part with emotions. I don’t believe in love at first side, but it doesn’t bother me that Tristan goes to find Adele after they had only eye contact. The connection between them is well written and believable. The travel and the meeting with friends as Cole and Tawni are well written. I like the characters and that all of the characters are on their own way strong/ independent and not helpless in my eyes. The journey has lot of surprises and is not predictable. The writing style is clear and the change between Tristan and Adele were nice, so I get a good picture of both to better understand the story and their purpose of their journey.

Tristan and Roc have a friend/ brother band and that was nice, that Roc is not just strong but has also his ‘human’ faults. The history of the earth is interesting, and a little more explanation about what is above and not under the ground, is the only lack. Is there not an opportunity to get up (on the earth, not under) finally at the end?

I can’t wait for the next book, just curious how this war goes on, if they join forces to the sun dwellers and what their future is after all this. Hopefully, I can read this book then also in read 2 reviews, but I definitely recommend this book to my friends ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon Dwellers.

07/03/2012
07/04/2012
84.0% "I am just surprised about the fact that I love this book so much, the characters are just so well written :)"
show 3 hidden updates…

Ashley Stoyanoff Great Review! I can't wait to read it.

Djanique Thanks, it is totally worth it!!

Nicole can you do me a favor (and David, lol) by cross posting? It needs amazon & B&N reviews
Pretty please? ;-)

message 4: by Djanique (last edited Jul 08, 2012 12:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Djanique My only problem for posting on Amazon is that I live in the Netherlands and my amazon.com account I can't use, my review on B & N should appear soon :)

Nicole Thanks for doing what you can!