Kathy's Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

F 50x66
Jun 30, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: historical-romance, adult-fiction

This book begins the Hathaways series of Lisa KLeypas' book list. If you picked this book up by chance there will be characters from the previous series (Wallflower) whom you would not know but it will not be detrimental to your reading in any way. The book's focus is the male protagonist Cam Rohan and his budding romance for Amelia Hathaways- the second eldest sibling and the 'Motherly' figure of her family since the decease of both her parents. I have read this book, although my interest and concentration did waver and drift during certain events of the book; purely because i have read Kleypas' previous historical romances and felt that this one wasn't up to their standard. If you have read Devil in Winter with brief appearances of Cam Rohan you would understand why I would feel disappointed with how his character seems to change in this book. By no means, however, is this book boring or not worth the read. It interweaves superstition and fate into a romance where both protagonists question whether or not their ready to give themselves entire to one another. Through this book a portrait of the Hathaway family is painted to ease the reader into their family and familiarize with each of their individual traits. I would actually recommend you to read this book purely so that you can follow the the story and enjoy the rest of the Hathaway series to the fullest. As an overall series it's wonderful to watch their family grow and follow the journey of each member of the Hathaway family. It's a heart-warming and delightful series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.