T.T. Thomas's Reviews > SNAP: New Talent

SNAP by Michele Drier

Jun 30, 12

Read in June, 2012

Reader: I loved it! Michele Drier has done it again: She’s got a winner on her hands with SNAP: New Talent, the second SNAP book in the Kandesky vampire series. Judging by the way New Talent ends, there will be a third installment, and I can’t wait! I don’t even like the whole vampire thing, particularly, but I like Drier’s fast-paced, multi-layered and emotionally satisfying treatment of this centuries-old vampire family.

As in the first book of this series, Maxie Gwenoch, the savvy editor of an international gossip magazine, called, naturally, SNAP, finds herself caught between two worlds that each exert a compelling pull on her life and her emotions, due in no small part to her romantic liaison with a glimmeringly sexy adult vampire, John-Louis Kandesky—yes, of those Kandeskys!

I liked this second installment even more than the first because Drier seems to have hit her stride with excellent pacing, more nuanced concepts of similarity and difference between human and vampire and really fascinating world building that makes logical sense against a most creatively realized vampire history. The characters are smart and sophisticated and the plot stays thick to the last sentence, where it positively startles, alarms and deliciously beckons with a temptation one cannot resist. Bring on that third book, because this five-star installment has left me breathless with anticipation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SNAP.