Jacek's Reviews > Hemlock

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: favorites, best-hero
Read in July, 2012

I read a lot of werewolves books in the past years but I have to admit that Hemlock topped the list for being the most amazing and page-turning one. You can tell it's good by just reading the first chapter. The writing is strong and interesting, unlike those boring and cliche books which I often never finished.

Hemlock's filled with suspense, romance, friendship, action, and secrets. Eveyone has secrets except for Mac. Mac is a smart, strong, and stubborn girl. We have a love triangle with Mac, Jason, and Kyle. All these characters have depth but I really wanted them to be more developed, especially Jason & Kyle. Jason is the hot bad boy. BUT NOT the usual bad boys you often read. He is a rich, broken, and lonely boy who turns to fights & alcohol for help. He makes it hard to love him because sometimes I felt like punching him to wake him up. But he is also very charming (and sarcastic). My heart broke for him. But all of that made me feel very strongly toward his character. On the other hand, Kyle is a really sweet and caring werewolf. He is not as flawed as Jason and in Hemlock, Kyle seemed to win Mac's heart.

BUT I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES!! This book made it even harder because it was the first time I loved both guys. Well I loved Jason a bit more because he seems vunerable and hurt. I hope in he next book, something will develope between Jason and Mac. Though Kyle is really nice, too. There is not a reason to dislike him. URGGG! Love triangles!! Why???

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hemlock.